Optional GLC Training Class
Thursday, February 20 | 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
This course is designed specifically for LINE-X Franchisees and will be taught by an SSPC instructor in tandem with the LINE-X Technical Department. The course is the first step in SSPC’s two-part curriculum to become SSPC certified in plural component application for polyureas and two component high solids coatings. The program focus is on the application of polyurea coatings in a marine/industrial environment on steel or concrete.
The class fee is $150 per person. Class requires a minimum of 30 attendees. If minimum number is not reached you will be refunded the class fee.
- Introduction and overview of plural component spray technology
- Equipment operational systems
- Characteristics of plural component coatings
- Applying touchup of single coat coatings by brush and/or roll
- Classroom Session
- 8-hour classroom session covering the fundamentals of spraying, material ratio, product data sheets, equipment operation, troubleshooting, coating materials, LINE-X product portfolio, quality control and more
- Written Exam
- There will be a written multiple-choice exam (25 questions). All exams are conducted in English. If a candidate fails an exam, he or she must retake the exam. A total of 70 points is required to pass the written exam.
Benefits of Attending
- Receive a certificate of training and credit towards full completion of SSPC Plural Component Application for Polyureas Pathway to become SSPC certified
- Class is specialized for LINE-X application
- GLC class fee is discounted from standard SSPC rates
Registration deadline was Jan. 10, 2020
- Students who successfully complete training will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages of plural component spray technology
- Recognize the importance of when and how coatings are mixed on a plural component spray pump
- Distinguish among the various methods of mixing: manual, at the gun, before the manifold, after the manifold
- Apply plural component coatings to concrete and steel in a manner that meets the requirements of a given job specification